Friday 23 March 2012

What we have been doing!

Documentary finished!

What we achieved today! 

Today we have finished editing our documentary which we have struggled with for quite some time, it's not distinction worthy but it is at least worth a merit! We have made an entertaining documentary and i enjoyed making this movie, we worked together and we didn't have a lot of problems accept actually making the video into a good video!

Roles

My role was the host who asked the questions and interviewed people and I was the one who found the videos in the movie. Fahim was our stage director who carried the equipment and he setup the stuff we needed in the background and he made sure most people were quiet and didn't come in the shot, well that is most people. Yaser's role was the camera man, he setup the camera and filmed all of the videos that we needed for the documentary.

Evaluation

I enjoyed working with my friends to make the video. On the first week we had to plan to do what we wanted to do but we did the pre-planning and 2 weeks after that week we were out trying to interview people. It was quite hard to interview people because they were in lesson or just didn't want to be in the film. We had to find people who wanted to be interviewed and had shared opinions.

What we have done over the weeks/terms!

We have been interviewing people ever since well I think it was since 14/10/11 and we have enjoyed it and we enjoyed working together. There were some videos that weren't really good so we didn't use all of them but we wanted to have some parts of them in. The interviews were all quite long but in around 3 weeks we had done all the interviews we needed. Then came the hard part where we had to do some secondary research which was harder than I thought because I had to pick out specific information from the internet and it's websites, there were around 2,000 websites that came up but I had be specific so I only went on four. Fahim and Yaser downloaded the videos needed for the documentary such as the Sonic, Mario and the Call Of Duty game play footage at 'keepvid.com.' I had first put the information I gathered from the internet into titles but I was told that there was too much writing so I had to change it a little and because I had to change it I had a space to put the C.O.D game play inside the documentary. As for the actual titles I had to record myself reading them as it would be more interesting being heard rather than letting the audience read the titles!

The questions we asked: 

  1. Do you like video games?
  2. Do you play video games?
  3. When you start playing, how much do you play for?
  4. Do you have more than one game console?
  5. What is the best video game for you?
  6. How much do you like video games?
  7. Do you think video games are bad for a student in school?
  8. Do you think video games affect the amount of how much student's learn?
  9. Do you think video games affect the way student's learn?
  10. Do you play often?


No comments:

Post a Comment